Summer is well and truly upon us here in beautiful Fort Washington, Maryland, and that means the kids are out of school and need to be busy. Swimming lessons are an idea, but that only takes up a small portion of the day. Park days are great as well, assuming the weather is decent. But the fact of the matter is that most adults have to work jobs, whereas kids (newsflash), do not!
So, what can you do? The idea has already occurred to you, we are sure, seeing as how you’ve made your way to this Jaycees Early Learning Center blog — summer day camps are the perfect solution!
Ideally, you’ve already made your summer daycare plans for your children a long time ago. But, life happens, and maybe you’ve just moved here or another situation has recently changed, leading you to look for a last minute Fort Washington summer camp solution.
Well, we’ve got good news and bad news. We’ll start with the latter: the bad news is that the opportunity to sign up for our weekly field trips and some of our other activities has come and gone. The good news is that other summer camp programs are open for registration! For the rest of today’s blog, we’ll be highlighting the variety of activities and learning programs we offer at the Jaycees Early Learning Center Summer Program! So whether you are proactively planning for next year’s summer adventures or you are a bit late to the party, it doesn’t matter! We’d love the chance to share what we offer here at our Fort Washington child care center.
It might be a bitter pill to swallow, assuming you missed out on the deadline to sign up, but we still want to list our long list of field trips and other activities we plan at Jaycees Early Learning Center Summer Program. The field trips and other activities include the following:
- Goddard Space Flight Center (Greenbelt)
- I Fly Indoor Skydiving (Baltimore)
- Skate Zone (Crofton)
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not (Baltimore)
- Port Discovery (Baltimore)
- Cameron Run
- Glendale Splash Park
- Six Flags (for certain ages)
- Local Fire Station
- Smithsonian Museums
- Watkins Park
- Chuck E Cheese
- Aquarium (Baltimore)
- Allentown Splash Park
- North Barnaby Splash Park
- Sweet Frog
- Chick Fil-A
- Go Kart (Crofton)
- Rolling Crest
- Pump it Up
- Climb Zone (Laurel)
- Laugh Out Loud
Keep in mind that we will not have enough staff to monitor children who cannot attend field trips, so you will need to make other arrangements if your child won’t be attending the field trip activity.
Our kids summer program also includes more formal educational curriculum, including:
- An introduction to speaking Spanish
- Weekly field trips based on our current theme or curriculum
- An interactive learning center featuring a big computer lab
- Computers in each classroom
- A safe and secure learning environment
- High Reach Learning Curriculum, as approved by the Maryland State Department of Education
- National Early Childhood Program Accredited (NECPA)
- Level 3 Maryland EXCELS program
- 3 years – $110
- 4-6 years – $110
- 7-12 years – $220
- 2 years – $70
- School Age Weekly Tuition (Summer tuition weekly rate only) – $125
- School Age Weekly Tuition (CFSA Summer tuition weekly rate only) – $122.95
Whether you are able to join us on our summer adventuring or not, we hope you consider Jaycees Early Learning Center as your Fort Washington daycare! We have infant and toddler programs all the way on up to school-age day care programs. What’s more, we offer an innovative approach to child care and early education — we teach through active engagement and play. Learn more about our approach, memberships, and accreditations right here!
Contact us today if you have any questions or are ready to schedule a visit to meet us!